Certified Construction Claims Specialist (CCCS)
CCCS Is An Elite Global QualificationA CCCS credential validates your expertise as a construction claims specialist who is highly skilled at analysing and quantifying construction claims. The preparation and management of construction claims is primarily a logical, analytical and quantitative exercise. Therefore, as a Certified Construction Claims Specialist (CCCS), you can apply your skills to building, infrastructure and other construction projects across the globe.
- Make an objective assessment of your existing qualifications/experience and apply for the appropriate level of certification (Refer to Certification Grades Below)
- The application to join the CCCS qualification scheme should be sent via email to office
- If your application is approved, information will be sent to you about how to commence the certification process.
- After your application is approved, you will be provided with access to our state of the art Learning Management System. (Refer To LMS Below)
- You will be required to complete all construction claims training modules in a logical and systematic manner; your progress will be monitored.
- On completion of the modules, please send an email to office
@sccsinternational.org to set a date for the exam.
- Based on your existing expertise, experience and availability of time, you should be ready for the CCCS exam within 1-12 months.
- The CCCS exam is comprised of multiple-choice questions and will be held online via our partner’s proprietary certification platform. You can sit for the exam at a location of your choice (private/quiet/well-lit). All you need is a laptop (with a webcam, good microphone and speakers) and cable Internet access (not wifi) with a speed of at least 4Mbps. (For more information, please review “The CCCS Online Exam” Below)
- The CCCS certification exam is monitored live (via webcam) by a professional proctor. Your ID will be checked and the exam will be recorded/scrutinised in order to ensure due compliance with international standards.
- The CCCS certification is a closed-book exam but you are allowed to use spreadsheets from the LMS training modules. These spreadsheets will enable you to carry out claims quantification exercises in an efficient manner.
- On passing the CCCS exam, students will be entitled to use the appropriate post-nominal title after their name.
Associate Certified Construction Claims Specialist (ACCCS)
- Four-year degree
- A Higher National Diploma (HND) + at least 2 years of experience
- A secondary degree (high school diploma, associate’s degree or the global equivalent) + at least 4 years of experience
Professional Certified Construction Claims Specialist (PCCCS)
- Four-year degree + at least 5 years of experience
- A Higher National Diploma (HND) + at least 7 years of experience
- A secondary degree (high school diploma, associate’s degree or the global equivalent) + at least 9 years of experience
Expert Certified Construction Claims Specialist (ECCCS)
- Four-year degree + at least 10 years of experience
- A Higher National Diploma (HND) + at least 12 years of experience
- A secondary degree (high school diploma, associate’s degree or the global equivalent) + at least 14 years of experience
Certification Fee: One-Time Payment For Lifetime Certification
The Difference Between The SCCSI Membership And CCCS Qualification
SCCSI Membership v CCCS Qualification
The SCCSI membership is different from the CCCS qualification. Initially, you have to become a member of the SCCSI in order to get access to the Learning Management System (LMS) and CCCS online exam. After receiving your CCCS qualification, it is not mandatory to continue your SCCSI membership. However, please note that it would be prudent to continue the SCCSI membership in order to have continued access to the LMS and new (approved) courses at heavily discounted rates i.e. CCCS approved courses which are required to maintain your CCCS qualification (15 units out of 30 units of PDH must be obtained from CCCS approved courses). Alternatively, if you wish to discontinue your SCCSI membership, you can still gain access to SCCSI approved courses at www.constructionclaimsmastercourse.com. Please note that you will lose access to the LMS if you discontinue your SCCSI membership.
How long is the CCCS qualification valid for?
Attain And Maintain Your CCCS Qualification
The CCCS qualification has lifetime validity but in order to maintain your certification, you should accumulate 30 units of Professional Development Hours (1 Unit = 1 Hour) every 3 years. In order to ensure the quality of your training, 15 units (out of the 30 units of PDH) must be obtained from SCCSI approved courses which can be found at www.constructionclaimsmastercourse.com Alternatively, if you are a member of the SCCSI, you can get access to approved courses via the SCCSI LMS at heavily discounted rates.
CCCS Application Procedure And Checklist
Please review the following points prior to submitting your application:
- Ensure that you are applying for the correct grade of membership (based on your qualification and experience).
- Include a copy of your updated curriculum vitae (resume).
- Provide pdf or scanned copies of your qualifications.
- If available, please provide information about your LinkedIn profile.
If your application is approved, we will send you a confirmation via email and information about how to make the payment. Please do not make any payments before your application is approved.
Apply To Become A CCCS / CCDA / CCCA